Not surprisingly, we field a wide variety of garden-related questions on a regular basis — everything from “what IS this plant?!” to “what should I do NOW with my garden space?” Some questions are easy to answer, and others are tricky (to say the least). And in far too many cases, the best answer is simply “it depends.”
Over the years, we’ve answered many questions on our blog. Below are a few of those questions; click on the question to see an answer!
Year-round seasonal questions
- What do I need to know about fall gardening?
- How do I get my garden ready for winter?
- What do I need to do in winter to plan next year’s garden?
- How can I start my own seeds into starts?
- How do I get my garden space ready in spring?
- What can I plant in summer for fall/winter harvest?
Garden supplies, tools, techniques, and approaches
- Is a raised bed right for me?
- What is sheet mulching, and how do I do it?
- What is double digging, and how do I do it?
- Where can I find good seeds?
- How do I select and care for garden tools?
- How can native plants be integrated into an edible garden?
- What is the best material to use as simple mulch in the edible garden?
- What is permaculture, and how is it relevant?
Utilizing what grows in the garden
- How do I recognize and control invasive weeds?
- Are there any weeds that I don’t need to worry about?
- How can I make herbal salve?
- How can “shirt” be useful in the garden?
- What can go in my compost pile?
- How do I harvest a worm bin?
Even after all this time, though, new questions arise daily. And new answers, for that matter, in response to new circumstances, new insights, and new innovations. So…we want to know, what are YOUR top garden questions? E-mail them to us or post them on our Facebook page, and we will start answering them on the blog.